We've moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, stop by
http://www.vicariouslyvintage.com/
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Update on garden & LOTS of pics!

I put 51 mater plants in the ground this past week. The trees are blooming, the grapes & blueberries are getting new growth. I put 9 new strawberry plants in my strawberry bag. When I emptied my bag, I filtered thru & pulled out the old root balls. I've got them in wet soil, to see if they'll come back. They ARE strawberries after all, so we'll see! LOL. Hubba helped me build my bean arbor, and that has "bean" placed. HA, I crack me up!!! My peas are all at least a few inches tall, and the leaves are starting to show their speckled purtiness. I bought 4 more broc starts. They were bigger than mine & at 59¢, I couldn't resist! I've got 2 dill plants in the ground & have started a whole dishpan of more. Once I get the new ones transplanted, I'll start another dishpan, and so on & so forth. I have dutch onions planted, and some salad greens.

I'm sure there's more. OH, Seb & I planted some flowers out front together as well :)

Mater plants in the ground

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Bean arbor

[image]

[image]

[image]

Apricot:

[image]

[image]

Lilac:

[image]

[image]

Herbs & marigolds pots:

[image]

Blueberry

[image]

Peas, broc & cabbage

[image]

[image]

Grapes, berries

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Lovage

[image]

Strawberry bag (before I added new plants)

[image]

[image]

[image]

New bird feeders to hopefully deter them

[image]

[image]

7 comments:

Millie said...

You have been very busy! Come harvest time you will be even busier!

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

Didn't you say you were coming to help?!?!? *snicker*

Millie said...

I believe YOU said I was coming to help. lol. Of course I'll be there. I should have said "come harvest time WE will be very busy."

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

Oh, yeah. That's right, it was me!! ROFL!

JLB said...

You've gotten way more done than I've managed!

Side comment *I love the Frosting buckets :) I use them all the time too! *

Where in Wyo are you located?

Also, I discussed possibly homeschooling our daughter when she's old enough with my hubby last night. Where do I find more info on curriculum and wyo requirements?

Thanks!

Tatersmama said...

Wow... have you been busy, or what?
It must be nice to be young and full of energy! lol!
And I just love the photo of the
*3 little monkeys*!

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Looks great and we'll pray your bounties are overflowing. You'll be busy but just think of all that beautiful home grown food preserved by you for you and your family, what a blessing.


Hey, take a look at our blog today, we gave you an award!

After we pass this award on to you, be sure you follow the rules and do the same for others! Simply name 8 other deserving bloggers in a new post on your blog, and then include the following:

These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends.

They are not interested in self-aggrandizement.

Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut,

even more friendships are propogated.