Friday, March 9, 2012
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Last night, I made the move and purchased a domain name & a year of hosting. If you tried to stop by earlier today, you would have noticed that you were automatically being redirected to my new site. I tried it out to see if it would work, but I wanted to be sure to post a li'l something letting all of my wonderful readers know that it's time to update your bookmarks. In the next couple weeks, I will reinstate the redirect. Hope to see all of you over at Retro Momma, Vintage Wife!!!
Monday, June 6, 2011
I've been shopping Vitamin Shoppe for a couple years now. I've shopped online and at the Fort Collins, CO brick & mortar. I *heart* them. I *heart their products.
This month, they're running a free shipping deal when your order is over $25. Good time for
I have no affiliation with Vitamin Shoppe. I'm simply a happy customer.
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Apparently I needed stupervision. Since this is Hubba's kitty, I have to wonder if he sent her....
I hung it in a corner in our bedroom, & he loves it!
See that lampshade? ^^
That's another post to come.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
She did get a picture of the front of the house this past Monday when she put the sign in the ground.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups beef bone broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add flour & stir to blend.
Add undrained tomatoes and broth to saucepan. Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Stir constantly until slightly thickened.
Transfer soup to a blender in batches and puree until smooth. Return soup to pan, stir in cream and cook over low heat, until heated through. Do not bring soup back to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Hubba gave it a 8-9
- 14 year old said 10
- 11 year old said 9.9
- 7 year old just scrunched up his nose & tried not to swallow it (but I'm used to that!!!)
- Mom gives it an 8.5
Monday, May 16, 2011
AmieAnn hosts the Pink Hippo Party every Monday. Check them out for some wonderful projects & ideas. While you're over there, check out the rest of her blog. It's fun!
Unfortunately this week, I won't be able to join the linky parties. Our sale sign went in the ground today for the house, and I am thoroughly exhausted.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Monday, May 9, 2011
OK, I need to scream now....
Sunday, May 8, 2011
The perpetrator..... A brushed silver look clock..... We got it when we were married. It was on our registry. It was cool at the time. Actually it still wasn't a bad clock, I just refused to buy a new clock, and this one wasn't fitting into any of the rooms in the house.
I took the whole thing apart with some ideas on what to do. I decided on some parchment look paper we had. Unfortunately, the paper didn't cover the whole face, so I opted for a torn collage look. I used some Elmer's school glue & water to make a decoupage type adhesive. Once it was dry, I'd trim it.
Except that I think I added WAY too much water to the glue mix, and once it was dry, it was barely stuck in most places. The gob of paper came right off. Rather than even consider going that route again, I remembered I had just bought a remnant of burlap last Thursday. Yes, this would be perfect & even better for the look I was going for. I was planning on using scrapbook number stickers for the paper background, but with the burlap, I wasn't sure how that would work. I scrounged the house looking for something to use on the burlap. I was considering buying some wood disks, maybe some wooden numbers. I really didn't feel like going out, though. I did go to True Value, but that's only a few blocks from my house. I needed spray adhesive for the burlap. I just wasn't up to rummaging through the "big box" stores.
I was trying to come up with a way to make sure the "numbers" were aligned, so I jumped onto google images & did a search for printable clock. As a homeschooling momma, I knew those would be plentiful.
I printed one out, cut around the edge & did a loop of tape & centered it onto my burlap.
Then I added my "numbers." I found 2 packs of 6 buttons in one of my sewing boxes. They were solid brown, so using an emery board, I roughed them up a bit.
I removed my printed clock & voila! Now I just needed to put the clock back together....
Except that when I did, I realized I'd put the buttons too far to the outer edge, and the clock rim & glass wouldn't fit back on. I had to very carefully peel the buttons away & scootch them in a bit more. While the clock was a part I used Krylon's Ruddy Brown primer, followed by a couple coats of Krylon's Celery spray paint in gloss. Once those were dry, I used the aforementioned emery board & roughed it up a bit, giving it that beautiful distressed look I'm so fond of.
Here it is hanging in the kitchen again (pics of the kitchen will be soon to follow, since I just finished it-mostly-up a couple days ago).
And because everybody loves a good side by side before & after.....
This post is part of the following linky parties:
Making the World Cuter Monday
Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do
Mad Skills Party @ Mad In Crafts
Get Your Craft On @ Today's Creative Blog