We've moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, stop by
http://www.vicariouslyvintage.com/
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Garlic Potato Healing Soup

I got this from Organic Grocery Deals forums (I go by wyo-helpmeet if you're interested in joining us!!!)

Garlic Potato Healing Soup
Adapted from The Findhorn Book of Vegetarian Recipes,
By Kay Lynne Sherman

This is a “folk remedy” for those days when you’re out of sorts and not feeling well. Comforting and packed with the healing power of garlic, this soup is good for what ails you!

This soup freezes very well also ~ so make a double batch!

INGREDIENTS

1 teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed with a mortar and pestle
3 cups chopped potatoes (or small diced, bite size pieces)
7 cups good quality vegetable (or chicken) broth, or water
6-8 cloves of garlic, crushed or run through a press
1 tablespoon butter
croutons for garnish (optional) ~ I opt for them!

1.Simmer potatoes and caraway seeds in stock or water for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are very soft.

2.Add crushed garlic and butter, stirring to combine thoroughly.

3.Serve hot with croutons on top if desired.

Serves 2-4

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm wondering if I can use my dehydrated potatoes with this. I just may have to try it sometime when I'm feeling dangerous

~julee~ said...

This looks so easy and delicious - I'm going to have to try it soon!