Garlic Dill Mayonnaise
- 1 small clove garlic chopped
- 1-2 T freeze dried dill (suit to taste)
- 1 pastured egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 pastured egg, room temperature
- 1/2 t real salt
- 1 t yellow mustard
- 2 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 c light oil (extra light olive oil, rice bran oil, etc. You may sub up to 1/4 c coconut oil, melted & cooled, but this tends to chill rock hard in the fridge)
Place all ingredients in blender except oil. Blend until light & fluffy, about a minute. Slowly add oil while blending. Once all your oil is added, scrape sides of blender, and blend about 30 seconds longer. Scrape sides of blender again & mix with a rubber spatula. Scrape into a clean glass jar (Since it's dill, I used a dill pickle jar, LOL). Allow to mingle a couple of hours before using either in the fridge or on your countertop. Store in the fridge.
Keeps about 2 weeks.