We've moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, stop by
http://www.vicariouslyvintage.com/
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Pork Chops with Apple Curry Sauce

A couple months ago I decided to start trying a few new recipes each time I went grocery shopping (which is twice a month). I've been poring & drooling over allrecipes. I'm loving allrecipes, because I find the recipes I want to try, then I add them to my shopping list. I can change the number of servings if I so desire. Then all I do is PRINT!!! Here's a recipe we tried recently from allrecipes. We loved it! We served it over cooked rice.


Pork Chops with Apple Curry Sauce


"A wonderful change from the traditional pork chops and applesauce. Boneless pork chops are browned, and then baked in a coating of caramelized onions, apples, and curry powder. Savory and wonderful! Serve with rice and your favorite vegetable."
Ingredients:
4 (1 inch thick) boneless pork chops
vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 large onion, diced
1 large apple, cored and diced
1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
2 cups apple juice
1/4 cup margarine
2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 tablespoons ground curry powder, or
to taste
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:

Season pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops in a small amount of oil, flipping once to brown both sides. Arrange chops in a 9x13 inch baking dish.

In the same skillet, melt margarine over medium heat. Cook and stir onions and apples in margarine until caramelized. Stir in applesauce, apple juice, chicken bouillon, garlic, and curry powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over chops, and cover dish with foil.

Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until pork chops are cooked through.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oooo...looks good! I love allrecipes too. In fact, I have 2 2-1/2 inch binders full of recipes that I've printed off of there and recipezaar.com!

Those sites should come with warning labels though...do NOT browse while hungry!

Jhona O. said...

That sounds so yummy! Definitely going to give it a try. We got a good deal on pork chops just last week and I thought "what in the world am I going to do with all these chops?!" Thanks for sharing this! Happy Spring to you!

Tatersmama said...

Mmmm! It's hard to find pork chops here, but I've recently seen them in Costco... so I'll definitely be giving this one a try!
I don't think I've had a pork chop in 14+ years, and this sounds like to perfect way to break the PC drought!