We've moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, stop by
http://www.vicariouslyvintage.com/
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Carrot cake with yoghurt cheese glaze

I really thought I'd posted this, but now I can't find it.... And I thought I had a picture of it, but I can't find that either. Rumour also has it I have a mind. I think I've lost that as well..... *sigh*

Carrot cake with yoghurt cheese glaze

This is a very thick & dense, sticky cake. Oh so yummy!

For the cake:

1 1/4 c olive oil
2 c demerara sugar
1 c each wheat flour & spelt flour
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 t finely ground sea salt
2 t cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice or a combination of both
4 eggs
3 c shredded carrot
1/2-3/4 c raw sunflower seeds

Combine oil & sugar, mix well. Sift dry ingredients together & blend well. Add half of dry mixture into the sugar mixture. Mix well. Add 1/4 of the dry mixture & 1 egg at a time, alternating until both the dry mixture & eggs are used up, being sure to blend after each addition.Fold in carrot & sunflower seeds.

Bake at 325ยบ for 1h 10m in a well buttered 10-inch tube pan. Cool in pan, upright on cooling rack. Remove from pan. Glaze as you serve with the following (If you glaze the whole cake, it will become soggy).

For the glaze:

8 oz yoghurt cheese
2 c powdered sugar (you can make your own by blending demerara to a powder)
1 T pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup pureed cauliflower

Whisk all ingredients until well-blended.

Cake & glaze should be refrigerated.

3 comments:

JLB said...

wooohoo someone else doing the whole homesteading thing in wyo! and I thought I was the only one!

Tatersmama said...

This sounds yummy... but pureed cauliflower? I've never heard of it before, but it does sound good!
After all, carrots and cauli's are both veggie's aren't they!

Kristie Kay's Blog said...

This sounds like a really good recipe! Hope to get around and start making it soon!