And then my tummy started hurting. Really bad. The oil, OH the OIL!!!! I realised I'll have to bake these next go-round. Apparently I've gotten my system so accustomed to healthier foods (notice how I said healthIER as opposed to healthy? *snickers*).
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 package (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder
- 6 large jalapeno peppers, seeded and halved
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs (mine had things like flax & multi grain good stuff in it)
- oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and spices. Spoon this mixture into the jalapeno pepper halves.
- Put the milk and flour into two separate small bowls. Dip the stuffed jalapenos first into the milk then into the flour, making sure they are well coated with each. Allow the coated jalapenos to dry for about 10 minutes.
- Dip the jalapenos in milk again and roll them through the breadcrumbs. Allow them to dry, then repeat to ensure the entire surface of the jalapeno is coated.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil to 365 degrees F ( 180 degrees C). Deep fry the coated jalapenos, until golden brown. Remove and let drain on a paper towel.
*this recipe was originally found on allrecipes.com, but I have tweaked it to my tastes & with new measurements.