As of Thursday, the 7th, this is how far along the coop is. Let me share a little secret. Most of the posts I make are about a week behind. I typically unload my camera on weekends, and then I schedule posts for the whole following week (M-F). By the time you read this, I pray I have already had the animal control officer out & that she has approved my chicken dwelling & I am shopping for day old chicks!!!
Anyhoo, again, as I mentioned before, it's a cramped space & not easy to take pics in.
The door formerly known as the doggie door. I removed the rubbery flappy thingie, and added a hefty door on the outside. I kept the sliding door thingie though, as added protection from prey-seeking vermin.
Here's the nesting box made from an old kitchen cabinet. I still have to slope the roof. As soon as they *hopefully start laying, I'll remove the door & add straw.
Oo, oo, what's THAT?!? That, right there!!!!
PEEK A BOO!!! It's my handsome little helper!!!
Whoops, I guess I should have aimed my rear a little better.....
OK, there ya go. My butt moved over so you can view the door in all of it's wonderful & unshadowed glory ;)
Left to do- "de-gravel" the run, pray, add roosts, pray, slope nest box, pray, chicken wire the top of the coop, pray, finish covering the run, pray. Apply for permit, pray, get permit, pray, get chickens. Thank God.
By the time winter gets here, we'll have insulated the coop as well, hopefully with re-purposed styrofoam! So far the only things I've bought have been hardware, 2X4's & a piece of plywood. I tried to do as much of this project with re-purposed/used/trash stuff.