We've moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, stop by
http://www.vicariouslyvintage.com/
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cough Syrup

My poor babies are sick :( In a moment of desperation, I started throwing all the things I had on hand that I could remember as being cold remedies in my sleep-deprived state into a pot. IT WORKED!!!

2 cups filtered water
2 T grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic
1/8 t cayenne pepper

Simmer the above 20 minutes together. Strain into a jar or bottle. Cool.

Add:

1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 honey (more or less to taste)

Mix well. Use a couple tablespoons (or a shot glass full) every few hours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to print that out! Thanks!

When the kids got sick...two weeks ago...I used Vicks VapoRub! It's the only thing that worked! I tried almost every cough syrup the pharmacy had! It also helped with their nose! It didn't taste bad either. :D

Michaela Dunn Leeper said...

We tried the vicks, too, but it was only lasting about 15-30 mins :( Even tried it on the feet, which usually works a little better.