But be warned- you MUST work quickly, or this happens:
Here's the recipe, my notes in red:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup sugar (I used demerara)
- ½ cup light corn syrup (I used homemade dark corn syrup)
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ tsp extract of your choice (vanilla, mint, cinnamon, coconut, etc)
- Food coloring (optional) (Did not use)
- Lollipop molds and sticks
1. Prepare your molds by spraying them with nonstick cooking spray and inserting lollipop sticks into the molds.
2. Combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Insert the candy thermometer and stir until sugar dissolves.
3. Allow to boil, without stirring, until candy reaches 295 degrees (hard-crack stage).
4. Once the candy reaches 295, remove it from heat. Stir in the extract of your choice, and, if desired, food coloring.
5. Spoon the candy into the mold cavities, making sure to cover the back of the stick.
6. Allow to cool completely and remove once hardened.