We've moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, stop by
http://www.vicariouslyvintage.com/
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

4-6 slices bacon
1 pound sprouts, ends cut off & halved
1 medium onion, diced
3T oil (butter, coconut oil, rice bran oil, olive oil, etc)
1/2-1 t garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste

Fry onions & bacon til crisp & browned oil (I used CO). Add salt, pepper & garlic powder, toss with halved brussel sprouts, mix to coat the sprouts in oil & spices. Roast til browned.

I baked mine 45m at 350ยบ

My oldest son said these taste like egg roll filling. This past Thanksgiving was the first year I was able to get him to actually EAT, not one, but 2 servings of them. Each year past, I've been able to feed a single taste to a scrunched up nosed face.

Can you say SCORE!?!?!

2 comments:

Free Art Printables said...

I LOVE brussels sprouts and my crop was horrible this year! I was so bummed!

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

I can honestly say that this is the ONLY veggie I'm not fond of, but your recipe sounds delicious and I may have to give it a try*wink* Thanks for sharing it :o)
Blessings,
Kelle