We've moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, stop by
http://www.vicariouslyvintage.com/
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sushi

I cannot believe I forgot to post about this!!! Whenever Hubba goes out of town, the boys & I enjoy things for dinner that Hubba won't stomach- fish, liver, etc. Yes, my kids actually like this sort of stuff!!! Last month, Hubba went to OH for almost a week. On the menu- beef liver & mashed potatoes; sushi; tilapia, among other things. We made sushi for the FIRST time! Here are some pics. I'm actually quite chuffed at how well they turned out for a first timer. I made California rolls. One for the ease to break myself in & 2- the boys, I wasn't sure how they'd deal with it. It was a HUGE HIT!! Well, except Keenan, the persnickety one. I made him "special" sushi. You'll see.....








"Special" sushi for 5 year old boys.....

Trim crust of a slice of bread. Roll as flat as you can get it. Lay 1 slice each cheese & meat on bread. Place 1 carrot stick in the middle of the pile of "special" stuff. Roll tightly & pat some water on the edge before rolling all the way closed. The water makes "bread glue" & helps the sushi roll seal. Just like real sushi with seaweed.





2 comments:

Millie said...

Well done! It looks so yummy.

Tatersmama said...

Yum! This looks so good!
I've never actually had sushi, but I wouldn't mind giving it a go... Is it hard to make?
It also gives me some good ideas for my little day care kids as well! Ham with a sprinkling of cheese and carrot sticks, egg salad with a dill spear or shredded celery...the list is endless!