In an earlier post, I promised to show you what I did with the next door. Remember this old beat up cabinet door?
I did the same as the other door, using drywall mud to fill in any holes from hinges or door knobs. After it was dry, I sanded it smooth.
I used the other side of the door, giving an illusion of being 2 completely different wall hangings. Once again, I taped off the center & used spray chalk board paint. Using a pencil, I drew lines measuring far enough in that the teeth marks would be cut off. Then, I had the Hubba cut the outer edge. This not only made it a little smaller (again, to appear different than my other sign), it also removed any indication that a dog had chewed the royal corners out of it.
I then proceeded to put 3 coats of Glidden eggshell paint in "Soft Suede" on it. The last coat I used a foam brush & sorta sponged it on for a slightly textured look.
I went through my hardware box to see what I had on hand, and decided I'd use these neat little hanging fobs.
I got those babies placed & nailed on.
Then, I proceeded to come up with something to write on it. After a few tries, I decided this was perfect for our household. I'm going to have to re-write it, though. Maybe I'll use a ruler so it's straighter before I hang it, LOL.