We did our trim in the big room a bit back (I need to blog about the redo, I know). We had several small pieces of moulding left. If you know me, you know I couldn't bear to throw them out. I paid good money for this stuff, and I couldn't just let those dollars go out to the curb.
So I set out on a new venture to save those pieces of wood. Did I mention that same morning (Wednesday morning), I also found out that our staple gun is also a light duty brad gun??? SQUEEE!!!
Here they are after I cut them. 1 piece of rounded moulding, 1 piece of lattice, 1 piece of screen window trim.
Here, I've used wood glue to glue the lattice to the widest part of the rounded trim. Then I used my nifty-now-brad-gun to hold it in place.
Excuse this photo. A bit blurry.
Then using the glue & my nifty-now-brad-gun, I attached the screen trim to the front of the lattice.
Another blurry photo, but I know you get the idea.
A couple coats of brushed on Zissner Bullseye 1-2-3 primer, then a couple coats of Krylon Bright White satin spray. 2 hangers on the back & voila!! A low profile shelf, perfect for small votive, smaller pics & whatever else I can fit.
I've hung it above my bed, and placed a couple things on for show, but this isn't the final decor.
Oooo, that last picture is slanted. Please don't mind that. The shelf is actually straight.