We've moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, stop by
http://www.vicariouslyvintage.com/
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Kitchens Gone Wild Carnival 10-26-2009

Been a slow week this week. I made 6 loaves of sourdough, 1 batch of sourdough pancakes (which I forgot to get a picture of) & 1 batch of sourdough crackers, which everyone loved & took all of 3 days to devour! Guess what I'm doing this week? Yeah. Making crackers again. Probably a double batch this time, LOL.




I also tried my hand at drying my starter. I've shipped some off to a faraway land (actually only Pennsylvania), so she can try her hand at a sourdough starter.




My kombucha tea is taking longer as it keeps getting colder & colder here. I'm going to check it today, and with any luck it will be ready! My Amish friendship bread starter is doing well, and I've shared 2 shares with others. It will be ready for baking in just 2 days- YAY!! I'll do a batch or 2 of bread, but I think I want to try some other recipes as well. I'm also about to start trying to soak the flour before I bake it for a much more nourishing & digestible bread. I have 2 ways to do this in mind, so hopefully I can report back next week on how it goes & which turns out better! I made biscuits with it a couple weeks ago, but they left a lot to be desired. Too sweet for a biscuit. They were good, don't get me wrong, but just not something to go alongside a savoury meal.

I'm hoping this next week is more productive. I've been so busy with sick kids, daycare, our chickens laying eggs (finally, YAY!), moving the rabbits into the shed, butchering chickens, etc.

What have you got growing wild in your kitchen?!?

No comments: