We've moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, stop by
http://www.vicariouslyvintage.com/
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

My biggest harvest of the year

Don't laugh, ok. We have a 3 month growing season, and the temps at night didn't get above 42 until mid-July *sigh*












































I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

And then, I also got to pick these BEAUTIFUL specimens as well!!!



And my IMPATIENT self came in, cleaned, peeled, cooked & mashed those babies up. PURE NOMMINESS!!!



5 comments:

Donna B said...

Oh yes the pitiful garden. We are having that too. We have had much cooler temperatures, too much rain and a hail storm here and there. None of which has helped the harvest.

Thankfully we live in this day and age where we have options.

JLB said...

Thank you very much! Now I don't feel quite so bad. I suppose I need to take updated pictures of what I have now after the hail storm. hhmmmm

Millie said...

Your harvest is amazing. That is compared to my harvest of 4 radishes and two large handfuls of collard greens. And I do wonder if there will be enough season left to get anything else to go. I know last week we had a night down in the 30's. That can't be a good sign!

The Mom said...

Oh honey! Its a beautiful harvest. We've all had a terrible year. I can only imagine what veggie prices are going to be like this year.

Anonymous said...

Hey at least you were able to harvest something! Others haven't been so lucky yet. Our garden isn't doing much of anything either due to the cooler temps and rain. It's not been a good garden year