We've moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, stop by
http://www.vicariouslyvintage.com/
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The chicken coop (long & pic heavy!)

OK, here's the dog pen that will be turned into a chicken run. It measures 10'X16'+. I'm building the coop inside the barn you see that the pen/run attaches to. You can kinda see the doggie door behind the tree trunk, which will be revamped into the chicken door.

[image]

[image]

[image]

Excuse the storage mess. This is where I'm building the coop. I had to revamp the plan 3 times. A friend of mine said to consider my plans a "living document." LOL

[image]

[image]

The doggie door is behind that mess somewhere.....

Oh wait, there it is:

[image]

First Hubba & I cleared the mess away. While he was outta town, I started framing the place. Here's the finished part of that:

[image]


[image]

[image]

It's surprisingly sturdy. Keep in mind, I have never undertaken a project such as this!!! I think it's going great so far (the first 3 plans aside!)

Oh, and it's getting hard to take pics in such a cramped space!

And finally (so far) I have wall planks going up. I'm tearing apart pallets to make the walls. I get them for some time & elbow grease & I'm doing my part at reusing!!!

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Oh another revamped piece- the cabinet you see in these pics will be the nesting box after a few tweaks!!!


There you have it, my coop so far!!

2 comments:

Millie said...

I love it! So smart reusing the pallets.

JLB said...

It looks great! It must be fabulous to at least have a building to start with.