We've moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, stop by
http://www.vicariouslyvintage.com/
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

When you find it on sale......

I'm very.very.very picky about tea. Especially green teas. Most of them taste like flowers to me. Potent, overbearing, sickeningly perfume-y flowers. ICK! So when a friend of mine recommended Good Earth Green Tea with Lemongrass, I was skeptical. I forgot about them, actually, for awhile until one day I was in the Discount Grocery. I saw a box of these tea bags that I *thought* sounded familiar. I promptly called my friend, but he didn't answer. $1.89. No huge loss if they were the wrong ones, I suppose. I could use them for a green tea bath (which is where my other green tea bags have been going).

I brought them home & later was able to catch him on IM. Indeed the bags were the right ones. I remained skeptical & they sat for a few weeks before I grew the cajones to try them. I boiled up my water, added a little honey & waited for the steep.... Then I tasted the most magnificent & glorious green tea WITHOUT the taste of
potent, overbearing, sickeningly perfume-y flowers. YUM!!!! Alas, I had gotten the very last box from the Discount Grocery & City Market doesn't carry them. I found them on amazon. For some reason I held off ordering. I have many teas in my house, plus I still had quite a few in my box.

So while in Casper, Monday, we had to fill a prescription. Rather than go to Chinamart, we went to Safeway. While waiting, we perused the store. Those 4 boxes in the picture above? 2/$4. OH YUM!!! Now I know why I was holding off on ordering them from Amazon.

Try them. You'll like them!!!

1 comment:

Tatersmama said...

I'm not much of a tea drinker (I'm a coffee girl, myself) and I've never tried green tea, but if you recommend it, I might just give it a try. :-)

I'll let you know what I think...