We've moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, stop by
http://www.vicariouslyvintage.com/
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

New growth, strawberries, milk, etc, etc......


In a week I worked on 12 pounds of strawberries. I made strawberry bread, strawberry banana freezer jam, sorbet, macerated strawberries, smoothies & froze some for more strawberry bread. OH YUM!!!


Some of you will recognise this. I am so happy to have found a source!!! Yes, *le sigh*, that is conventional milk in there, too.


My lemon bush (which is in my living room for the winter) has produced blooms for the first time. I had a total of 9, but one got knocked off yesterday. I thought I was going to cry. My orange tree is also producing blooms & in a week or so they should be large enough to take pics of. I'm so excited!!!


We tried to root an avocado pit a few months ago to no avail. This pic shows 1 & 2 of 4. #3 is in wet soil & #4 has been "forgotten" (obviously not) in the worm bin.



These 2 pics show my first try at kraut. We'll see......

2 comments:

Tatersmama said...

So tell me about the milk... What kind is it?

NaomiG said...

Came by from Tatersmama... love all your cooking, canning, gardening pics, your description sounds like one I could have written about myself. :-) I just did some strawberry jam last week... SO GOOD! I have family in Wyoming... LOVE where they live, (star valley) but would love to see more of the gorgeous state of Wyoming one of the trips to see them.