We've moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, stop by
http://www.vicariouslyvintage.com/
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 29, 2009

The trip to Lander- pt1; the drive

WOW! I was astonished at the beauty of the drive to Lander a few weeks ago when we went to pick up the chicks. It was JUST AMAZING!!! It puts the drive to Casper to shame!

I didn't think to get pics til on the way back. I was actually in a hurry, so these were all taken from the car while we were cruising along



On the way to & from, we kept seeing these groups of people on bicycles. The men were unshaven, the women in long skirts. I came home & started googling their description. I think I finally narrowed it down to a group called "The Brethren." Interesting!


A little bit of history. As soon as we found out we were moving here, I started googling things to take the kids to do. I am after all a HS mom, and learning trips are a high priority!! I have been almost obsessed with seeing Split Rock. I google it every so often & it's on the list of things to do this summer. Imagine my surprise whan I saw the signs for Split Rock on the way to Lander!!!!! We pass by this mountain every.single.time we go to Casper. I never knew!!!! I snapped pic after pic after pic after.... well, you know. I was in awe. We were on a tight schedule though, so unfortunately stopping for a bit was out of the question, but it's only ONE HOUR from us & now I know exactly how to get there!!!

Split Rock was used as a landmark for the Pony Express. They say you could see the rock for 1 day before coming to it, and 2 days after passing it. It's along the Chief Washakie Trail.

Interspersed with my obsessive picture snapping are some other pics of the beautiful scenery!!!






















1 comment:

Millie said...

Beautiful. What a crazy weather day that looks like.